We provide a broad service corporate and commercial capability across industries. In combination with our technical capabilities, a key aspect of our legal services offering is our familiarity with the Myanmar regulatory and operating landscape and our ability to help our clients navigate that landscape. We can and do apply that ability across a broad range of work and in various industry sectors.
Our senior foreign lawyers have significant experience working in in-house legal roles in companies, including head office roles in listed companies. Working inside companies calls for a very commercial, practical, hands-on approach and a strong understanding of the business you’re working with. Our experience in applying that commercial and hands-on approach is something that stands us in good stead in a developing market like Myanmar, where our clients need to be flexible and practical. We pride ourselves on combining high technical and professional standards with practical execution and strong commercial understanding. We firmly believe that understanding our clients’ commercial drivers is essential to our ability to do our job well as commercial lawyers.
Within our broad capabilities, our core areas of focus comprise the following.
- Corporate structuring and governance
- Advising on foreign investment restrictions and investment licensing processes
- Land due diligence inquiries and reports
- Due diligence of companies as to major contractual and regulatory obligations and liabilities, capital structure, business scope, etc.
- Share purchase and asset/business purchase agreements
- Supporting post-M&A integration and assumption of new business operations
- Joint venture agreements and shareholders agreements, including with government/quasi-government partners
- Site acquisition and leasing for agribusiness projects
- Agricultural land concessions grants
- Land lease negotiation and drafting
- Land registration and titling and applications for land use changes
- Advising on mining, oil and gas exploration permitting processes
- Foreign-invested mining, oil and gas exploration joint ventures
- EPC contracting for mining, oil and gas construction/development projects
- Foreign-invested mining, oil and gas services agreements (including for contract mining)
- Production agreements and other concession agreements for mining, oil and gas production projects
- Corporate finance facility agreements, hybrid debt agreements and associated security packages
- Structuring and documenting private equity and investment fund transactions
- Listings, IPOs and secondary capital raisings, including acting for listed entities, advisers and underwriters
- On-market compliance for listed entities
- Legal aspects of information memoranda and similar documents for private placements
- On and off market bond issues and other debt offerings
- Restructuring and insolvency, including corporate restructuring and workouts, facility and security structuring, schemes of arrangement and amalgamations, distressed debt sales and advice on insolvency issues
- Project finance facility agreements and associated security packages
- Concession and implementation agreements for infrastructure and energy projects
- MoUs, MoAs and PPAs for power generation projects
- Residential, commercial and industrial property transactions
- EPC contracting
- Environmental compliance
- Advice on Special Economic Zones
- IT licensing and implementation agreements
- IT outsourcing transactions
- Internet, ecommerce and media advice and agreements
- Advising on Myanmar telecommunications regulatory and licensing issues
- Advice on copyright ownership and infringement issues
- Assisting with protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights
- Confidentiality agreements and advice
Our Approach to Fees
We provide a consultative and flexible approach to fee arrangements which sets Mission Legal apart from other law firms. These arrangements include:
- Fixed or capped fees;
- Blended hourly rates (i.e. a flat fee across the firm for all fee earners, regardless of seniority); and
- Retainer arrangements.
We can also offer volume discounts for certain types of work. These options provide cost certainty while giving clients the flexibility they need to manage their legal requirements.
We would be pleased to discuss this further and devise a fee structure that meets your needs.